31 Mar 2023
With effect from 1 April 2023, Mr Abu Bakar bin Mohd Nor, Group Chairman of M Kapital Holdings Pte Ltd, will be appointed as Chairman of the WSH Council. Mr Abu Bakar was appointed to the Council in April 2018 and has served as its Deputy Chairman since. He will also continue to helm the National Work at Heights Taskforce.
Mr Vincent Phang, Group Chief Executive Officer at Singapore Post Limited, will be appointed as Deputy Chairman. Mr Phang has been on the Council since April 2020 and is also a member of the Council’s Executive Committee.
Three new members have also been appointed to the Council, as well as two of current members re-appointed. Four members will be retiring from the Council.
• Mr Adrian Lim, Group Managing Director of Disk Precision Group, is appointed as a Member of the WSH Council.
• Professor Kenneth Low, Cluster Director (Dean) of Engineering, Associate Professor at the Singapore Institute of Technology, will chair the WSH Council (Marine Industries) Committee.
• Ms Dawn Teo, Senior Vice President of Amara Hotels & Resorts, will chair the WSH Council (Hospitality and Entertainment Industries) Committee.
• Mr Dave Ng, Group Chief Executive Officer of Bok Seng Group, will continue to serve as Chairman of the WSH Council (Logistics and Transport) Committee.
• Mr Melvin Yong, Assistant Secretary-General of the National Trades Union Congress, will continue to serve as Co-Chair of the WSH Council (Engagement and Outreach) Committee.
• Mr John Ng, CEO, YTL PowerSeraya Pte Ltd
• Professor Chan Eng Soon, Director of Research, Office of the Deputy President (Research & Technology), National University of Singapore
• Ms Kwee Wei-Lin, President, Singapore Hotel Association
• Mr Daniel T’ng, Founder, Starklit Consultancy